Why Join Us?
• China International Consumer Product Expo is co-hosted by the Ministry of Commerce and the Hainan Provincial People's Government, and it's the largest consumer products expo in the Asia-Pacific region, covering the entire region. In 2023, there are around 3,300 brands from 65 countries joining the expo with over 320,000 visitors.
• Meet the buyer event;
• Meet Hainan Government officials for updates towards free trade port policies and offshore duty-free market development;
• Explore the retail business landscape in Hainan and Shanghai;
• Meet key duty-free operators and retail business partners;
• Consider how to diversify the retail network in this regional market.
China can be a challenging but rewarding market, therefore this trade mission is aimed at experienced exporters looking to grow internationally and find new global partners.
DBT is dedicated to bringing UK premium brands together in Hainan, and Shanghai to further explore business opportunities.
Preferred Brands Categories: Luxury, Fashion & Accessories, Beauty & Lifestyle.
Participation Fee:£500. Delegates are required to cover their own flights and accommodation. DBT to coordinate the programme and arrange local transport and working lunches for the whole delegation.
Spaces are limited. Each brand should designate only one senior level staff to join this mission.
South China's island province of Hainan is riding a shopping boom after its new offshore duty-free policy that took effect on July 1, 2020. In 2022, year-end daily sales between 31 December to 2 January averaged GBP £15m according to Haikou Customs.
Shanghai is the economic, financial, trade and shipping centre of the mainland China. In the first half year of 2023, Shanghai's GDP reached GBP £237b, with the retail market accounting for 10% of that. The retail market accounted for 10%.
NB: This programme is tentative and may have changes subject to further communications with parties.